1. Discovery Elementary School: The construction update for April can be found at http://www.apsva.us/cms/lib2/VA01000586/Centricity/Domain/105/040615%20NES%20Community%20Update%2011.pdf
Spring Garden Club: Rock
Spring Garden Club is seeking nominations for Arlington Garden of the
Year for a contest we hold annually. The nomination form and
contest details can be found on the RSGC website
3. Community Facilities Planning: Next meeting is May 13 and will look at case studies for using available land for services such as fire stations, ART bus parking and recreational facilities. The presentations made to the committee are available http://commissions.arlingtonva.us/community-facilities-study/documents/ The 5th meeting dealt with an expanded view of County demographics and Schools projections. The 6th meeting discussed County owned land parcels and the County’s needs for land.
4. Civil War Day May 3, 10-4 at Fort C.F. Smith Park: See how Union soldiers lived, drilled, and protected Washington, D.C. There will be artillery drills and rifle demonstrations, equipment displays, and civilian impressions at this free Arlington event. http://parks.arlingtonva.us/events/civil-war-day/
5. Neighborhood Day will be held on Saturday, May 9, 2015: Arlington County’s annual Neighborhood Day celebration will be held on Saturday, May 9 in locations across the community, including a ribbon cutting for the new preschool playground at Chestnut Hills Park and fun and games at Westover library. For information and a list of participating events: http://parks.arlingtonva.us/ , search for “Neighborhood Day.
6. Farmers Markets now open! Find the location and all the other information you need to know about all of Arlington’s farmers markets at http://topics.arlingtonva.us/farmers-markets/
7. Find a Park, Facility or Place to Play: Whether you’re looking for a walking/biking or nature trail, a playground, tennis or volleyball courts, a dog park, want to take photos or walk through a garden of beautiful azaleas and roses, or find out about many more Arlington County parks, nature centers, and other facilities, see http://parks.arlingtonva.us/find-a-park/
8. Questions about plants or gardening? Arlington’s Master Gardeners provide a free plant clinic at the Arlington Central Library, 1015 N. Quincy St., from 6:45 to 8:45 p.m. every Thursday through November to answer your questions and provide advice on plants and gardening. An additional plant clinic is available every Saturday until September at the Courthouse Farmers Market, 14th St. and N. Courthouse Rd., from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. For more information on Master Gardeners, plant sales, and more, see http://mgnv.org/.